Sunday 20 March 2011

GRAINLINE VS BIAS

Last pattern cutting lesson we made a dress cut on the grain line and a dress cut on the bias. The bias sample was very difficult to handle with cutting out and sewing making sure the speed I was going at was slow and controlled and made sure I didn't stretch the fabric. The difference between cutting on the bias and cutting on the grain line is that with cutting on the bias the outcome flares out more at the bottom and it fits nicer to the waist as it attaches itself to any empty space. My samples worked out well and I am very pleased with how they turned out and I prefer making the dress cut on the grain line but the dress cut on the bias seems to outline the silhouette more effectively.
Cut on the bias


Cut on the grain line






No comments:

Post a Comment