Tuesday 22 February 2011

PUTTING A GATHERING STRIP IN THE BACK BODICE




Remember the other posts about gathering a sleeve head and shoulder seam well putting a gathering strip in the back bodice was the final stage of completing a perfect gathering sample. I found this the hardest part of all three sessions because I had to make sure I didn't catch the gathering strip in the bodice and make sure that I sewed neatly and made sure that all the parts were eased into place. Overall, I am happy with the final outcome as the gathering strip turned out very neat and sewing all the sleeve head, back bodice and shoulder seam was successful.It could be improved by making the over locking neater at the neck line and using a nicer fabric to do the sleeve head with.
What do you think, would you try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment