Sunday 6 February 2011

INSERTING THE APPLIQUE


The first stage was to iron on the bondaweb to the fabric and traced off my shapes inspired by Fred Butler's work and then cut out the shapes and peel of the paper to then iron on to the accessory. I positioned the applique in the centre of the accessory so it creates attention to the reverse applique either side. Then I set my machine to a zig zag stitch at the right length and threaded it with a colour that would be subtle and stitched along the edge of the shape. The colour used was light and blended in to the shapes so if I were to improve I could have used a more contrasting colour to make the shapes shapes stand out more. I chose a patterned fabric so it would contrast to the basic lining complementing the colour scheme within the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment