Thursday, 17 February 2011
HOW TO PUT GATHERS IN A SHOULDER SEAM
The process to put gathers in a shoulder seam is very similar to gathering a sleeve head but I found it more time consuming because you had to make sure the measurements were precise and accurate.
MANUFACTURE PLAN FOR PUTTING GATHERS IN A SHOULDER SEAM.
1.Cut out pattern in fabric.
2. Over lock around all of the bodice
3. Draw a 1.5cm seam line with tailor's chalk from notch A to notch B.
4. Change the stitch length to 4 without back tacking and sew either side of the 1.5 cm seam line.
5. Pull both of the loose threads to create gathers in the bodice so that the shoulder seam measures 15.5 cm. (This includes the seam allowances and the finished length of the shoulder.)
6. Change the stitch length back to 3 and secure the gathers by sewing along the 1.5cm seam line making sure I back tack.