Wednesday, 16 February 2011
HOW TO GATHER A SLEEVE HEAD
Last week we created a gathered sleeve head. I thought about it and I realised I'm not the best at gathering.
What am I going to do?
Luckily I managed to get through it and produce a good sample.
I thought I would write down the manufacture plan if any of you out there want to attempt this technique. Don't worry its not as bad you think.
MANUFACTURE PLAN FOR A GATHERED SLEEVE HEAD.
1. Cut pattern out in fabric.
2. Over lock all around the sleeve.
3. Draw 1.5cm seam line with tailor's chalk from the start to the end of the gathering notches.
4. Change the stitch length to 4 and without back tacking sew either side of the 15.cm seam line.
5. Pull both of the loose threads to create gathers on the sleeve head making sure it measures the length of my original sleeve head.
6. Secure the gathers by sewing along the 1.5cm seam line making sure I back tack.