Wednesday, 4 May 2011


I have managed to complete all my sampling so now I know how to deal with problems and have started to create my patterns for my toile. I have done a mixture of flat patterning and working on the mannequin to both produce my bodice pattern.
1. I have moved a dart and cut out my front and back bodice on the fold.
2. I have sewn in the darts.
3. Pressed them open.
4. Pinned it to the mannequin close to the body making it close fitted. On the arm and shoulder and pinched some fabric to make it a better fit.
5. I then sketched my design lines on to indicate where
I was going to slash and trace off.
6. Amended my patterns .

It doesn't seem like an awful lot but I have managed to ma
ke a start and feel more confident with how my design will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment