Friday 13 May 2011

PATTERNS FOR SKIRT PANELS...

For my skirt panels I had to measure the length of the bottom of the front and back bodice to then take away the seam allowance and divide by 9 to find an individual length of the top and made sure I had 28.5 cm length at the bottom because I wanted it just above the knee and joined then lines. I had to take the measurement up by 5cm each time I created a new panel to make it shorter notching the edge where it was going to connect and add a notch on where the other would attach itself to.

The information on the pattern is for the central panel: Cut x2 fabric and Cut x1 in wadding and then for all the rest of the panels: Cut x4 fabric and Cut x 2 wadding making them all equal on either side. So far I haven't had any problems with the back patterns but it could be another story with the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment