Friday 21 January 2011

HOODY CLUB

So far in Pattern Cutting I have been preparing for the production of my hoody.I have completed unpicking an unwanted hoody to see stitch lengths the manufacturer have used to make ours similar.

UNPICKING -
FRONT BODICE
BACK BODICE

RIGHT SLEEVE LEFT SLEEVE
BACK HOOD
INSIDE HOOD
RIBBING- CUFFS AND WAIST
This took a duration of 3 consecutive weeks to unpick every feature of this hoody.I had to make sure that I was careful I didn't rip holes and unpick every seam so the patterns would be accurate to trace off
.
TRACING THE PATTERN OFF

FRONT BODICE/ BACK BODICE

Both of the front and back bodice patterns were cut on the fold so I only traced off half of the hoody.

SLEEVE I had to cut 2 out of the sleeve

BACK HOOD PATTERN

FABRIC
LINING
PATTERN
I used the same pattern to cut 2 in fabric and lining to make they were all precise and obtained the same shape.In the end I needed cut 4 out of the hood to be able to bag it out in later stages.

The total cost of my fabric was approximateley £7-00 for the fabric, lining and ribbing for about 3 metres in length.The stretchy material I used had fleece properties as it was thicker than cotton but equipped with a strecthy quality.The lining for bagging out my hoody with was cotton with a design that would complement the dominating colour of the charcoal grey used for the hoody. I couldn't find a similar shade to the grey I used for the majority of my hoody so I had to use black which is the best suited.






No comments:

Post a Comment