Thursday 16 June 2011

THE TRICKY BIT.. THE FACING

At college today I have been able to attempt to fit my facing on my garment which was very fiddly and difficult. I sewed a 1.5 cm seam allowance attaching the neck facing and finished with a retaining row. The difficult part was the arm facing having to match all notches and pull it through sewing it in small stages. The problem I faced was that my circles on the dress were too bulky so I had to leave a hole, which I intend to secure with either hand tacking, or machine sewing it closed. I had to reduce bulk and then press the facing flat. I also managed to sew the sides either side of the facing and recognised that the zip didn't meet, so I had to tackle that issue by unpicking the stitching to sew closer and meet the original line.FACING
ZIP
HOLE IN THE SHOULDER SEAM

No comments:

Post a Comment