Friday, 3 June 2011
ORIGAMI PROJECT... WHAT A NIGHTMARE..
Today I have been trying to figure out how to create a bodice using a method wear you introduce Origami and grading the size from a 12 to a 14. I was finding every stage of it difficult but I just think I left my brain at home and not with it today. Anyway, I am pleased with my result even though the point could have been sharper and that's what has ruined it but for my photographs I will edit that out - if I can.
1. First I started by changing the measurements of all points to a size 14 and cut it out on the fold and began to draw on origami lines and cut along them to create 4 pieces.
2. Trace round these lines and add 4cm for the fold gap and fold over and repeat with all pieces.
3. Cut the patterns out and attach all the pieces together using a 1cm seam allowance twisting the shapes to fit with each other.
4. Pinch the corners of the rectangles and pin to the press the sides.
5. Slash the corners and fold outwards and press.
6. Give it a final press and hand tack the corners in a hidden area.