Sunday 19 December 2010

SAMPLES OF QUILTING

I definately wanted to both quilting and pills together as they link with my concept with recovery and healing the mental state of mind. I attempted the same hand stitching technique to secure all the pills and figure out which direction and distance they would be placed to make a balance. I attempted with different textures of lace, cotton, quilting. Also I wanted to see whcih colours and patterns would obscure the same finish of what a garment on the runway based on mental health would look like. Out of all these I preferred the quilting as it was original choice and first attempt but if gave a 3 dimensional effect and blended well with the colour of the calico but the pills uplifted from the 2 dimensional pattern.
HOSPITAL GOWN

LACE
QUILTING
COTTON

No comments:

Post a Comment