Sunday 19 December 2010

PATTERNS FOR MY CHOSEN DESIGN

My chosen design uses a front skirt with inverted pleats and a straight back skirt. I refreshed my brain on how to make the inverted pleat pattern even though we did it the other day but it was quite complex so I thought I would challenge myself. This design suited my design very well allowing the quilting to filter underneath subtley revealing the pills captivated inbetween. It would give it a suitable shape given it a tight shapely fit with added inspiration from a mental health concept.

1. First of all I measured the dart and drew a pleat stitch line with halve of the dart amount on either side of the dart.
2. I then I separated the panels by slashing and traced the first half of the pattern. Then I added 4 columns measuring 8cm wide and attached the other the other panel. Then I folded the first pleat stitch line on the fold into the centre and the other pleat stitch line on the fold until they both meet at the same point. I finally added 1.5cm seam allowance on all sides except for the side cut on the fold.


FRONT SKIRT



BACK SKIRT
The back skirt will consist of a fitted shape with no adaptation to the normal skirt shape.This occured as I wanted the skirt to be balanced and more detailed at the front with an easier manipulation in the back. As the inverted pleats are fairly complex I didn't think I would be able to fit in time to do adaptations in both sides of the skirts.



No comments:

Post a Comment