Thursday 7 July 2011

WHITWORTH ART GALLERY...

Today our little group of 10 went to the Whit worth art Gallery, Manchester, we expected more to turn up but they didn't. To start off we had a morning session with an artist that taught us some helpful tips whilst drawing which allowed me to let go and draw freely. Then in the afternoon we had a textiles workshop working with different media to try and create a garment. Out of both of the workshops I preferred the textile aspect because I still don't enjoy drawing but the artist made me like it a little bit better. For the drawing tasks we had to not look at the page, take our pencil off the page and had to draw around a map to show where our journey had been. Whereas, the textiles workshop involved sketching different features form the artwork in the gallery forming the human body and then applying tape and different media to shape designs on the floor.


DAMON
NICK
GEMMA
DAWN
ALEX
MINE




2 comments:

  1. This looks really cool! I remember I had similar workshops in my first year at University during "Freshers Week" - it was good fun.

    I just wrote a new post on holiday outfits, I'd love if you could check it out and let me know what you think!

    xoxo

    http://www.ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty cool! Nicely done!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete