Sunday 10 July 2011

SKIRT FOR TWO?

For some reason yesterday I had the urge to make a skirt. It didn't pan out how I panned but ended up making two skirts both for my sister and myself. One of the patterns I made was done by altering the size 12 block and the one made for me was doesn't by making a skirt block to my measurements. I elasticated the waist to make it easier to fit and that;s what was available at the time and machine the hem line keeping the consistency of a high street skirt format. I think the fabric makes the simple skirt look more interesting, don't you think?






I could have used a more couture way of fastening the skirt but I was only trialing out a simple sample to see if it was wearable, but if I were to do it again I would use a stretchy fabric so it would be easier to get on the hips. Agree?

1 comment:

  1. Stretchy fabric would have been good, but the skirts look fine to me!

    Thats amazing that you can do that in your spare time - I wish I could make skirts so easily!

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend :))

    xoxo

    http://www.ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete