Tuesday, 3 April 2012


For this bodice I amended all the patterns before hand: making the neck line bigger, widening the armhole and creating panels rather than darts. I did this as I have had problems throughout all the fittings of the bodices I have made so I thought I would save the hassle this time round. I thought I would try do the panels in interchanging colours as I was thinking of applying this to my final version. I inserted my invisible zip upside down to allow the zip to still be attached to the bodice at the neck but still allow it to go over the head. I then had to think of ways to finish the garment so I created a facing and sewed both sides together to sew a 1cm seam allowance at the hem to then press over and finish the garment off. I feel like this toile had been the most successful yet as the patterns were all correct to start with and it was just a matter of inserting all the components and it was done. I still have to attach bias binding sampling the neckline and armhole.

No comments:

Post a Comment