Saturday 28 April 2012

SHOWSTUDIO... THE HOME OF FASHION FILM...

For my computer brief we have had to research into the uses and progression of digital art and CAD. It helped me looking at fashion films to understand how the artistic movement has developed over the last 30 years. The main fashion film directors I liked the work of were Ruth Hogben and Nick Knight on the SHOW STUDIO website http://showstudio.com/. One that particularly interested me was named "Sweet" which was created by a scanner that detected only non reflective fabrics or else it would add things or take away to the composition. Knight liked the effect of the image deteriorating so created his own effect by default. I think the way of conveying concepts with the use of film is another way to express ideas and would definitely use this method to convey my concepts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment