Tuesday, 13 March 2012


Recently I have been having problems with my coat toile as the neck shape didn't match and the lining was to small for the outer shell. So I have spent a couple of days trying to problem solve this by amending the patterns and trying to figure out where I went wrong.I have been able to fit the neck shape by unpicking some of the panels and making the match the correct way. This has enabled me to move onto the next step of inserting the lining by hemming it, attaching the outer shell to the lining, stitching the sleeve openings together and then finishing the bottom hem line. I then finished off this toile by pressing all the seams again and then attaching the elbow patches onto the underarm of the sleeve. Overall, I now know how to solve these problems and I am very pleased with how it has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment