As you might have already noticed that I have been adapting a kimono block to create my own design of a coat. After making up this kimono block I then began to draw on the design lines and slashed up these to give me the flat patterns I wanted. I then traced off the pieces and added 1cm seam allowance as the design lines are close together. I then began to create my jigsaw puzzle and piece all the notches and pattern pieces together which gave me a couple of problems, which only made me realise, that I had to do it in a different order. I have finally got up to the stage where I can pattern the lining and sew on the elbow patches and then my first toile will be complete.