Friday 7 October 2011

LINED PATCH POCKET SAMPLE...

Another sample I finished today was a lined patch pocket which was created by cutting out patterns and sewing it all together keeping in mind it would have to be accurate and very neat. The stages I recorded for doing this technique were:
1. Sew 1.5cm seam allowance leaving a gap about 3cm wide.
2. Reduce bulk leaving top free then bag out and press.
3. Top stitch close to the edge of the pocket starting in a triangle.
If you ever need any help her are some images that mig
ht help you out if you ever decide to create your own very lined patch pocket.
I found this technique a good way to start on pockets educating me on the different components that make up a pocket. I feel this turned out well as the stitching was neat and close to the edge and the pocket was neatly displayed and secured on the mounted fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment