Friday 7 October 2011

CREATE YOUR OWN POCKET...

After completing my tasks for the day I got set the challenge to design and create my own pocket in which this case I got futuristic inspiration and fused both geometric shapes with pleating. Still using the same process in which the patch pocket was made I first of all created my pattern and pleated my fabric by pressing the pleats in. Then I sewed down the pleats to secure them and then stitched around both lining and shell using 1.5cm seam allowance, reduced the bulk and bagged out. This then left a gap so I stitched that to hide the opening and attached the pocket shape to a mounted piece of fabric using a 0.5cm allowance leaving an opening for the pocket. So it shows if you put your mind to a shape you can make it work, why not have a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment