Friday, 9 December 2011
MOVING ON TO FINAL LEGGINGS... WITH PVC
As you have probably guessed I have completed my Toile now for my leggings and can now create my final pair of crazy leggings. I was impressed with myself today as I over locked the notches so they were more accurate and matched correctly. I had a few problems with attaching the PVC to the shell of the leggings but I was expecting that so had to fiddle about with it to reduce the ugliness of it. First of all, I had to sew all the individual pieces together inside each other close to edge in same coloured threads to then tack onto leggings whilst on mannequin to then sew and provide equal pressure to reduce amount of bubbles under the fabric. The first few have gone well but there have been a few problem areas that I didn't know would happen but they aren't that visible.