Friday 9 December 2011

FIRST SET OF ILLUSTRATION BOARDS...

To strengthen our portfolios for interview we have been set the challenge of creating 6 illustration boards, 2 design boards and a concept board. For my first set I was especially inspired by Howard Tangye's work using the form of colour to emphasise certain features and used ink in a similar way he would in his work. I was also inspired by colour schemes that he had used and colours from the capsule collection I had created so it would suit my specific target customer. Breaking down the preparation for this to become a success I had to find two close up shots that would work together and experiment with different techniques to see which one I preferred and had to evidence where I had sourced the inspiration from and what design I was trying to illustrate. For the second board I decided to bring through other influences of Jonathan Looman and collage techniques but keep similar structures of the face and colour within the features. I was very surprised at how well these turned out and was really proud of these as they suit my style and suit my target customer. Which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment