Monday 14 November 2011

TROUSERS 2 - SAMPLING...

Last week I started to sample different PVC types with different sewing techniques to see which one would work the best. I thought that my fabric choice could be interesting with the use of PVC on Lycra so I machined stitched and hand sewed different widths of PVC together to see which I would like to use for the final garment. I felt that the medium weights of PVC worked the best as they defined shape whilst still being manageable with sewing. Also the organic silk gave an interesting texture contrasting to the shiny surface of the PVC, so i might consider using this for my final design. I also had an idea to sew teeth of zips into the seams and felt that this sample worked out quite nice and would look better in a larger scale.


Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment