Monday 7 November 2011

TOILING THE PATTERN FOR MY CHOSEN TROUSER...


For Unit 120 I have to manufacture a trouser design that relates to my chosen brand identity which you now know is Stella McCartney! To gain this pattern on the trouser I started to experiment with fabrics and created a Toile of how the pattern pieces would look and what scale they would be in to fit to a size 12 model. I pinned all the pieces together as close as I could in moderation to the design and think this pieces can be now used to create my patterns using another method of pattern cutting. I think this gives me an idea of what pieces go with each other and how far apart and how they over lap. This is my guide as I can refer back to these pieces if I get stuck whilst manufacturing.



No comments:

Post a Comment