Tuesday 23 October 2012

TRANSFER PRINTING...

The first workshop within print I attended was TRANSFER PRINTING. This consisted of created drawings with sublimation inks on newsprint paper, so that when the heat from the heat press secures the drawing it transfers onto the plain fabric. I found this technique quite easy to get the hang of and showed variety of different drawings in different colours taken from my architecture research. Some of my attempts didn't really work and personally I didn't like them as much when they were transferred, as they were too bright. My favourites were the black and white samples and the brown samples. I would consider this technique to be quite fun and enjoyable and would be suited for more expressive illustrations; rather than intricate and technical.
Have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment