Saturday 20 August 2011

SCRAP PATTERNS.. JUST GO FOR IT..

I couldn't figure out these patterns that I have bought so I decided to just make something on the stand. I found that working with patterns very difficult because I haven't tried it before so I have to think hard about what the instructions are asking me to do. I might try it some time next week, what do you think? Hopefully keep our fingers crossed and you could see something good. Anyway I did try a dress on the stand but having to improvise with the fastening because I only have a domestic machine so thinking a hook and eye or loop and button to fasten at the back. It's simple but I like that about it, it bring peace even though I have been stressed through the process of sorting out patterns.





2 comments:

  1. That dress is gorgeous! I love the colour. You are unbelievably talented when it comes to garment construction!

    Did you buy pattern blocks? I hated working with patterns at University. I'm not very technical minded when it comes to measurements sadly :(

    xoxo

    ashleighduncan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily Rose,

    It is a lovely dress - looks very sophisticated. But I still reckon you should give the patterns another go.

    From Aunty Guess Who

    ReplyDelete